- To prepare for any lift or movement, test objects so that you are not surprised by their weight.
- Do not bend from the waist to lift objects. Always bend your knees when lifting.
- Do not sit in one position for too long (more than 30 minutes). Shift your position frequently to avoid tightening of the back muscles.
- As a relaxation exercise for your shoulders, swing each arm gently forward, backward and from side to side three times per day.
- Stop any exercise that causes pain either during or after the exercise.
- Try sleeping on your side with a pillow between your knees.
- Of a facility where you don’t learn something new at each and every session.
- Of a facility that overuses passive treatment such as, heat, ice, ultrasound or massage. These treatments are helpful with certain conditions but typically should be used early and weaned off quickly. They should never be the main part of your program for an extended amount of time.
- Of a facility that is too vague in discussing financial obligations related to your treatment. The last thing you want to have is an excessive balance after your treatment is completed.
Please visit Web MD www.WebMD.com.